-ADVERTISEMENT- The wellness and fitness trend has arrived in the …
The fight against environmental destruction and the climate crisis are …
Anyone looking for new products in the field of toys, …
It is a market with huge dimensions and great potential. …
For companies, a social media presence has become indispensable and …
Hardly anything disturbs customers as much as waiting at the …
Research by TV station RBB has shown that some outlet …
The industry association Licensing International (formerly LIMA) has honored outstanding …
Communications manager Hannah König and managing director Stephan Schenk are …
On 26 September, the European Commission announced the winners of the first EU Product Safety Award. The award recognises companies that place product safety at the heart of their business and go beyond EU requirements.
Companies can participate that make their products and services safer through innovation and investment, raising the bar for consumer protection across Europe.
In Brussels, the European Commissioner for Justice, Consumer Protection and Equality, Věra Jourová, presented a total of eight awards to companies from Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy and the Netherlands.
Awards went to companies in the baby and children’s equipment sector
The event was attended by EU representatives, consumer organisations and international media. Four small and medium-sized enterprises and four large companies were awarded the prize. Originally, the twelve prizes were to be awarded in the two categories of baby equipment and online retailing. However, the awards were given exclusively to companies in the baby and children’s equipment sector.
The eight finalists were selected by a jury consisting of representatives of national and European consumer organisations and high-ranking members of government.
“On behalf of the European Commission, I would like to congratulate all tonight’s winners. They are innovative and invest to make products safer and raise the bar for consumer protection across Europe. I call on all businesses to make consumer protection their top priority so that our children, families and friends are safe. There is no better investment than consumer confidence,” said Věra Jourová.
The product safety award does not include prize money, but it offers the winners far-reaching recognition in the industry, which enhances their reputation. This enables the winners to position themselves as industry leaders in the field of product safety.
The winners of the EU Product Safety Award
In the field of small and medium enterprises:
- Remmy from Italy Gold for his warning system “Car Baby Alert”, which warns the driver when the child is still in the car.
- Evomove from Denmark Silver for the high chair Naomi, which is supposed to prevent tilting accidents with the help of a special bracket.
- Reer from Germany bronze for the products as well as for the communication measures to promote child safety at home.
- Mippa from the Netherlands a special mention for the Stair Trainer.
In the field of larger companies got:
- Reima Oy from Finland received the award, for his functional outdoor children’s clothing, in gold. The clothing offers better visibility in the dark due to the all-over print.
- Cybex from Germany Silver for the e-Stroller Priam, which can perform sophisticated safety features and internal safety processes.
- Mega Disposables from Greece awarded Bronze for its efforts to ensure the chemical safety of Babylino Sensitive diapers.
- MAM Baby from Austria, for the development of relevant safety standards in the areas of pacifiers and feeding, a special mention.
You might be also interested in:
Link: Here you can find the winners of the EU Product Safety Award.
Image: European Union