Since May this year, the French Kidiliz Group (formerly Group Zannier) has been in negotiations with the leading Chinese children’s fashion group Zeijiang Semir Garment Co. Ltd (headed by the founding family Qiu). The announcement was finally made on 01 October: The two children’s fashion giants have completely merged.

“With a combined turnover of around 2 billion euros, the two companies are now number two worldwide in the children’s fashion segment,” according to the company report. About 80 percent of the joint capital comes from the Chinese Semir Group, the remaining 20 percent from Kidiliz. The French group benefits from the merger through a growing presence on the Chinese market. This applies in particular to the expansion of French brands such as Catimini, Absorba, 3 Pommes, Jean Bourget, Chipie, Lili Gaufrette and Beckaro. At the same time, the growth of those labels in Europe will also be consolidated.

What is the Semir Group’s annual turnover?

The Semir Group is particularly well established on the Chinese market thanks to the boyfashion brand of the same name and “Balabala”. The Semir Group also counts the German fashion company Marc O’Polo among its clientele as a local franchise partner (represented in Germany by Kanzgruppe) and also sees itself as a licensee of the US American manufacturer “The Children’s Place”. In the past fiscal year, the company published a turnover of around 1.6 billion euros.

How much capital is behind the Kidiliz Group?

The Kidiliz Group was founded by Roger Zannier at the beginning of the 1960s and in recent years has established itself as one of the world’s most important companies in the kidswear sector. In addition to its own brands, Kidiliz also produces the children’s lines of various luxury brands such as Kenzo, Levi’s and Paul Smith under license agreements. Last year, Kidiliz achieved sales of around EUR 430 million.

 

You might be also interested in:

Group Zannier becomes Kidiliz

German expansion at online retailer JD.com

 

Link: www.kidilizgroup.com

Image: Rich Polk / Getty Images

//SB